Community Renewal Team (CRT) will be at the East Hartford Health Department’s October 1st Farmers’ Market! CRT will be providing $10 Market vouchers to the first 100 people that visit with CRT about their programs or get a COVID-19 vaccine at the farmers’ market clinic. In addition, the East Hartford Health Department will be providing $20 Market vouchers to all first dose vaccine recipients.
CRT helps individuals and families access resources that will help them meet immediate and longer-term needs, improve job skills, maintain, or increase their independence, stabilize living situations, and achieve educational goals. CRT has worked closely with local officials, providers, private funders, and the public by offering more than 60 programs that help people with challenges such as hunger, homelessness, and unemployment by increasing access to education, affordable housing, and mental health services. Specific examples of programs include:
- “Money Management” through our Financial Literacy Institute, VITA Tax Filing and “Your Money” programs;
- “Mental Health and Wellness” through Asian Family Services, Behavioral Health Services, Fatherhood, HIV Outreach Counseling, Case Management Services and Homeless Outreach;
- “Education and Youth” through our Infant/Toddler day care, School Readiness, Day Care Nutrition, and summer food programs;
- “Housing and Shelters” via affordable housing options, CHAP, our family shelter, “Grandparents Raising Grandchildren” program, housing counseling, men’s shelter, and supportive housing;
- “Employment and Training” programs;
- Senior services such as Meals on Wheels, Retreat Assisted Living, retired and senior volunteers, senior affordable housing, and senior cafés;
- Community Corrections programs such as the DOC residential program, the re-entry recovery services program and traditional case management;
- Energy assistance and statewide weatherization programs;
- Veterans housing and supportive services to veteran families.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccination clinic or to speak with a public health nurse, please contact the East Hartford Health Department at 860-291-7324.