Homeland Security Secretary Says US Will ‘Absolutely’ Deport People With Pending Asylum Claims

Homeland Security Secretary Says US Will ‘Absolutely’ Deport People With Pending Asylum Claims

Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem speaks at the Citadel Patriot Dinner at the Citadel in Charleston, S.C., on Nov. 6, 2025. Alex Brandon/Pool/AFP via Getty Images

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said Sunday that the United States will “absolutely” be deporting people with pending asylum claims “if they should be” removed.

Noem was asked about illegal immigration and migration programs during an NBC “Meet the Press” interview on Sunday, and whether the Trump administration will deport individuals with pending asylum claims. The question was raised after President Donald Trump last week indicated that he would suspend migration from “third world countries” after an Afghan national allegedly shot two National Guard members last week, killing one, in Washington.
We had a problem loading this article. Please enable javascript or use a different browser. If the issue persists, please visit our help center.

Original News Source Link – Epoch Times

Running For Office? Conservative Campaign Consulting – Election Day Strategies!