Border Czar Says End in ICE Operation Surge in Minnesota Not an Entire Pullback

White House border czar Tom Homan attends a press conference in Minneapolis on Jan. 29, 2026. Shannon Stapleton/Reuters White House border czar Tom Homan has said that the decision to end the Trump administration’s surge of immigration enforcement operations in Minnesota doesn’t indicate that agents will be leaving in their entirety, coming hours after he

DOJ drops case against 2 men accused of assaulting ICE, citing new evidence

Federal charges have been dropped against two men who had been charged with assaulting Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers in Minneapolis last month, including one Venezuelan defendant who was shot in the leg by an officer. The Justice Department’s motion cited “newly discovered evidence” that was “materially inconsistent” with the allegations against them. The filing,

Trump pardons 5 ex-NFL players for crimes including drug trafficking

Washington — President Trump pardoned five former professional football players Thursday – one posthumously – for various crimes ranging from perjury to drug trafficking. The pardons were announced by White House pardon czar Alice Marie Johnson. Ex-NFL players Joe Klecko, Nate Newton, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry and the late Billy Cannon were granted the clemency.