Supreme Court Tariff Ruling Shows ‘No Guardrails’ Was a Lie, Puts Congress on the Spot

For much of the past year and a half you couldn’t open the New York Times or approach an elite university campus without hearing a panic about how President Donald Trump was becoming a dictator with “no guardrails” to curb him. After today’s 6-3 opinion from the Supreme Court striking down Trump’s tariffs, that complaint

Trump Suggests Tariff Refunds Will Need to Be Litigated

Shipping cranes stand above container ships loaded with shipping containers at the Port of Los Angeles in Los Angeles on Feb. 20, 2026. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that President Trump’s sweeping emergency tariffs on most U.S. trading partners were illegal. Mario Tama/Getty Images The Supreme Court has blocked the Trump administration from using

Trump Deploys Alternative Tariff Plan After Supreme Court Ruling: What to Know

President Donald Trump said on Feb. 20 that he will issue an executive order to create a 10 percent “global tariff,” announced shortly after the Supreme Court invalidated his reciprocal duties on U.S. trading partners. The new tariff would be added to existing import levies, which remain in place under the court’s decision. We had

Trump admin. unveils plans to restrict work permits for asylum-seekers

The Trump administration on Friday formally proposed a regulation that would dramatically restrict work permits for asylum-seekers, confirming a CBS News report about a plan to upend longstanding U.S. immigration policy. Since the 1990s, U.S. law has allowed immigration officials to grant work permits to asylum applicants if their cases have been pending for at

Trump says 32,000 people were killed in Iran’s crackdown on protesters

President Trump said in a news briefing Friday that 32,000 people were killed during the recent protests in Iran, a far higher number than has previously been reported.  Mr. Trump, who made the remarks while addressing the Supreme Court’s ruling striking down his sweeping tariffs, did not offer a source for the death toll. When asked

Labor secretary’s husband banned from Labor Dept. building, sources say

Washington — Shawn DeRemer, the husband of Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer, has been told not to enter the department headquarters, after two women who work there reported that he had touched them inappropriately, according to sources familiar with the situation.  At least one Labor Department staff member filed a police report against DeRemer. According to